INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAM
Heritage Christian Academy’s growing international student program offers a safe and welcoming school for students from around the world. Currently we have 20 students from Brazil, China, Guatemala, Malawi, Romania, South Africa and South Korea. Our students attend regular classes and benefit from immersion in English language and culture by living with our carefully selected homestay families. At the same time, our entire student body and staff benefit from the rich experiences and backgrounds that our international students share with our school.
HCA offers middle and high school students a wide variety of options to help them reach their potential and achieve their dreams. Our fine arts diploma program allows students to grow by expressing themselves through fine arts such as visual art, vocal music, theater, dance, photography and band.
Many students take advantage of our unique STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) program, where they learn hands-on engineering and design skills that prepare them to pursue these types of university degrees.
Many also participate in leadership organizations including National Honor Society as well as co-curricular programs such as Robotics Team (in which they build robots and compete with other schools), Scholars Bowl, and competitive sports.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR PROGRAM
- Average ACT score of 25 (29.8 among honors diploma students) compared to the national average of 20.8
- AP courses and opportunity to earn college credit
- iTEP English proficiency testing on-site
- University counselor assistance with college applications and essays
- Caring and supportive homestay program in which students are immersed in English language and American culture and enjoy becoming part of the family
- Host families are personally and carefully selected by the International Program Director
- English for Academic Proficiency class
- Orientation week and international club
- HCA graduate acceptance into many top universities
- Beautiful, 20-acre campus located in a safe suburb
HCA International Students have been accepted to many colleges. For complete list click below.
UCLA (University of California-Los Angeles) Washington University Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Southern Methodist University Purdue University Baylor University Virginia Tech University Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Texas Christian University St. Louis University Marquette University University of Iowa University of Minnesota University of Denver Loyola University Wheaton Conservatory West Point Academy Missouri University of Science and Technology University of Kansas
STEPS TO APPLY
The application process is simple.
- Download and complete the application and email it to our International Program Director.
- Submit an iTEP Slate Plus or TOEFL score with your application and transcript.
- The international director will schedule a personalized video interview.
We accept a limited number of new students each year, and applicants are encouraged to apply by February 1st.
We work with a variety of local and international educational agencies who recruit high quality students. Our agents are vetted and approved by the international student program director. If you are interested in becoming an agent, please contact us.